Home // Community Rules
Dear Galactic Survivalists,
In order to keep up productivity and relevance of our official forums, chats, groups or whatever board we might add as a community channel (further referenced to as ‘community boards’ ) , we would like to remind everyone that those are not a place to troll or fight personal battles.
You are free to write down your very personal opinion about the game – be it positive or negative – but you are also asked to do so in a polite and respectful way. Respectful against other users in particular.
The following Community Rules apply to any official Empyrion Galactic Survival community board (also for our official servers).
– Discord: https://discord.gg/Wepxgkb
– Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/empyriongame
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmpyrionGame
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EmpyrionGame
– Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/EmpyrionGame
– Main: http://empyriongame.com/
– Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/
Please note Most of our community boards have board-specific rules, depending on the available features (for exampel STEAM workshop voting).
Before joining or engaging in discussions, reading the Rules pinned in either a General or Announcement channel or board are mandatory!
Please DO NOT restrain yourself when giving feedback
Don’t restrain yourself when giving feedback, but also keep it focused so the Mod team and Community Manager can actually make use of it. No one will gladly read through a wall of flames that will need dozens of comments to find out what this is all about.
Please DO NOT try to convince anyone of your opinion
This is YOUR opinion about any game mechanic and we are looking forward to read and analyze it. BUT this might be just YOUR playstyle. Please be respectful and take into account that other players play the game totally different or like or hate other game mechanics. If you want to actually DISCUSS your concerns, feel free to do so. But do not try to evangelize others in a way that only YOUR point of view should be the correct one.
Please DO respect others
Please respect others and their way to write or express themselves. This does NOT include what is usually called “bad language” (overly swearing for example). We do not follow any argument saying “but this is how i always talk”. If you cannot adopt to a civilized way of writing and discussing in a community board, we will act on this accordingly by closing or deleting posts, conversations or issue temporary or permanent bans.
Please BE as helpful as you can
New players are coming to this forum each and every day. They are new to the game and often search for a answer or a solution to their problem. Do not treat them as Newbies. Being sarcastic or saying RTFM does not help.
Please DON’T use this forum for your personal battles and hostilities
IF you cannot agree on someones opinion, just ignore him. If you cannot, resign from using ANY form of obvious or sub-text insinuation when discussing a topic. As we see a lot of back-and-forth flaming between certain users that don’t seem to either react to Moderators warnings or clear statements, we will set temporary bans in that case early on – and very likely for both “parties”, as it is often obvious that this is not a “one way fight”. The Moderators will not choose sides and for us it is a matter to give relief to other users that WANT to discuss away from such fights.
Do NOT abuse the Report Function, if available
ABUSING the Report Function or verbally attacking our Moderators will lead to the same aforementioned measures pretty much immediately.
III. Global Community Rules
When providing feedback, posting information, or discussing a product in Steam, whether it’s negative or positive, please make sure you are being relevant, constructive and polite. Developers take feedback from all kinds of sources into account, even though they may not have the time to respond to every post or question.
Please note that Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete/move/merge any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate, abusive, or incorrectly categorized.
1. Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members
- Issue defamatory statements, rumours or indicate (questionable) info in order to influence others to use or not-use any service or to promote a certain opinion about a 3rd party, especially if those are NOT included in the ongoing discussion. (Example: Discuss your bad experience with those that caused it on THEIR channels, but do not try to convince or spoil other players in OUR boards, that you think your personal opinion is the only objective judgement about the capability of a service or other persons )
- Bypass any filters
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Post Reporting System
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump threads / conversations
- Derail a thread’s topic
- Post links to phishing sites
- Post spam (i.e. +1, 10char, rickrolls) or Re-post Closed, Modified, Deleted Content
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum or channel (example: trade requests belong in trading forum)
- Openly argue with a moderator
2. Repeated Offenders
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be banned from one or all our community boards.
3. Report Posts
Should you observe a fellow Community member breaking these rules please report the post or item by either clicking the Report () button located on every item , post, and review (forums) or use the report features of other channels (Discord Bot etc).
IV. Misuse of report function related to Multiplayer (MP)
Do NOT misuse the Boards report function for discussing or requesting Server bans or problems with other players!
In any of the cases described below, do NOT open a thread or publicly request bans or measures against any person or company. These will be deleted. Repeated posting of the same content will be seen as spam and can result in a ban.
1. Handling for OFFICIAL SERVERS
Go to the the official Empyrion forums here (https://empyriononline.com/) and open a new conversation with Hummel-o-War
Add any proof to your conversation. We will not act on any hearsay without proof that can be verified by us.
Add the following users to the ‘Participants: ‘ field of your conversation: “RexXxuS, Taelyn, Hummel-o-War” (add without ” “)
These are our official servers, run by Eleon Studios:
Eleon Studios – Official Public Server
Eleon Studios – Official EU Server
Eleon Studios – Official US Server
Eleon Studios – Experimental Branch Test Server
There are NO OTHER official servers than those!
2. Any other server
Please get in touch with the server owners. Eleon Studios cannot act on disputes or other non-game issues as far as the servers are privately held.
V. Disclaimer and Complaint Management
Moderators have the right to review and moderate any post,thread,comment in any of our community boards.
If there is a case that is not reflected or covered under the rules, the moderators has the right to review, judge and act in the context of the reported- or written post on an individual bases.
In case you think you were treated wrongly or need to discuss something that any of your community boards won’t let you (for example, because there is no “PM” function) please get in touch with Hummel-o-War (Community Manager;CM) right here: https://empyriononline.com/members/hummel-o-war.366/
Personal CM note:
– My inbox is endless, but my day still has only 24h, so please bear with me if answers might take a few days
– i will not moderate your fights or problems. Please see the rules above. This is not kindergarden 😉
Thanks for you understanding.
Eleon Lead Community Manager; Empyrion Galactic Survival